Pages

Wednesday 25 March 2015

Special Delivery #21 | Our Own Candle Company...


Our Own Candle Company are an American company who use a special soy and paraffin wax. I have never purchased Yankee candles as I think they're quite expensive, costing up to £8 for a small jar with up to 40 hours burn time, where as Our Own Candle Company's (OOCC) mini mason jars cost £4 for up to 30 hours burn time. I own a few of these candles in other scents already, and they have a long lasting scent that can smelt throughout the house.

As I'm on a spending ban with make-up, I thought I'd treat myself to some candles instead. The current scents I own from OOCC are more for winter months, so I thought I'd buy some spring and summer scents.

I bought these candles from eBay as they were cheaper there than on the website.

Tropical Paradise
This candle supposedly has scents of coconut, pineapple, passion fruit and banana, but I can only smell flowery scents. I hope the fruity smells come out once lit, otherwise I'll be really disappointed.

Coconut Lime
On the OOCC website, they describe it as a party candle, and it's easy to smell why. It smells a lot like pina colada. The coconut scent overpowers the lime, but maybe this will change once I've lit it. I was hoping that it'd smell like key lime pie, but I guess my quest for that scent will continue.

Banana Nut Bread
This candle smells like ripe bananas, cinnamon and nuts. It's very sweet and will probably make me want to bake a banana cake. This is definitely not a summer scent but hey who can resist the smell of banana cake?

Fresh Linen 
This smells like freshly washed sheets. You know that smell, where you can't stop sniffing fresh sheets?! That's the smell. I can't wait to try this one, I bet my room would smell like I've washed it out with fabric conditioner!


Are you loyal to a candle company? Or do you just buy whatever smells nice?
Jenny xo - Follow me on: Twitter / Instagram / Bloglovin

1 comment :

Thanks for your comments! I read each and every one of them and try to reply as fast as I can.