Pages

Sunday 8 March 2015

Special Delivery #20 | Nanshy's Marvel 4-in-1 Sponge


My Beauty Blender is mouldy and I didn't want to fork out £16 for a new one, so when I saw bloggers posting about this Nanshy 4-in-1 sponge a few months ago, I was intrigued. It wasn't available until sometime in February, but because there was no release date I forgot all about. Last week I remembered that it should have been released and low and behold it was available to put into my basket.

A lot of bloggers who were sent this product, stated that this sponge is cheap, and at £5.95 it's 4p cheaper than Real Techniques Miracle Sponge that you can buy in Boots or Superdrug. It's cheap no doubt, but you've also got to add in delivery charges for the Nanshy sponge, which is £2.95, making the total £8.90. While the sponge was in my basket, I did reconsider buying the sponge because of delivery costs. (But I didn't, obviously.) How cheap am I?! 

There are four sides to this sponge:
  1. A pointed tip for precise application
  2. A flat side for larger areas of the face
  3. A larger rounded side for more coverage or for standing the sponge up during application or while letting the sponge dry
  4. The indented waist to allow you to hold it better, as well as for laying the sponge on its side (without it rolling away) if you prefer to use the larger rounded side for application.


The first image is the sponge completely dry, it's the size of a Beauty Blender. When wetting the sponge with water, it expands quite a lot, while retaining its shape. You can see in the second image how much bigger the sponge is in the plastic casing.

The sponge is very soft, much more softer than the Beauty Blender. I applied my concealer with a few strokes under my eye, and it applied really well. It didn't feel like my make up was being sponged off and there wasn't excess water going onto my face with each stippling motion. The concealer washes out easily with a bit of soap and water.

It's a great rival to the Beauty Blender and it's nearly a quarter of the price for one (not including delivery), I love how small it becomes once its dry, meaning you can pop it away in your make-up bag, unlike the Real Techniques Miracle Sponge which would probably be crammed into the dark corners of said make-up bag. That's also a reason why I chose to buy the Nanshy 4-in-1 Sponge over the Real Techniques Sponge, it's travel-friendly!

I'd like to point out that the website is a bit in your face with larger than average font sizes and I didn't get an email saying my order had been dispatched, so I didn't know when I'd get it. The flat side of my sponge seemed like it was cut wonky, and isn't as straight as it should have been. It's not a massive issue, but as I paid for it, I would expect it to be more precise.

Do you own a reusable make-up blending sponge? Have you had any issues with it?
Jenny xo - Follow me on: Twitter / Instagram / Bloglovin

1 comment :

  1. Hi Jenny, thank you very much for your wonderful review. We've taken your feedback on board and will improve upon it. Have a great day. Paula

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I read each and every one of them and try to reply as fast as I can.