Pages

Monday 15 September 2014

Special Delivery #3 | YOU Beauty

On Friday, I received a (slightly damaged) box from YOU Beauty Discovery, which is a bit of a lengthy name for a beauty box, and it is not as popular as Birchbox and Glossybox. The difference with YOU Beauty Discovery box is that you can pick two products each month to go into your box, as well as receiving products picked by the YOU Beauty team.


Having already received Toni & Guy Volumising Whip in July's Latest in Beauty Box, I wasn't really excited about the other products picked by the team. I was much more excited about the products I picked myself! The team picked two flavours of tea from Crabtree & Evelyn, which I gave to my sister as I only drink milk tea. 

I also received a powder sponge and a £25 Hello Fresh gift card. I probably won't use the gift card as my mom buys the groceries, and the food boxes are a bit pricey for what they are. Hello Fresh produce recipes and step-by-step photos to show you how to cook them, as well as providing you with the ingredients to cook the recipes with. The problem with this, is that anyone can Google a recipe, or watch cooking shows on TV, or even, get a recipe book, and then go out and buy the ingredients, probably for cheaper too. The other problem is that, what if you hate the recipes they give you? then what? It's a nice idea, but not for me.

 This month, I picked (from what was still available) Mavala Fast Drying Nail Polish Finish and Wild About Beauty Nutrilips Colour Lipstick SPF 15 in Betty. First of all, the Mavala Fast Drying Nail Polish does not rival Seche Vite's Top Coat. It does not penetrate all of the layers of polish, but it does dry the polish fast, so it's great if your layers of polish are thin. I have already noticed a bit of chipping on my nails, having only worn it for one day. In a nut shell, it's a good glossy top coat for one day of wear, but for anything longer, opt for Seche Vite.

The Wild About Beauty lipstick is super moisturising, and quite sheer. It's like a tinted lip balm, containing Wild Mango Butter and Argan Oil ensuring the lips are moisturised, as well as with a hint of colour. It's also got SPF15, so it'll protect your delicate lips from the harsh sun rays. This lipstick was full sized, and it's worth £15. 

This is my first YOU Beauty Discovery box which I got for free, but I've also accidentally signed up for the next two months because I didn't read the T&Cs with the code I got! Oops. It's not a bad box, but it cannot rival the bigger beauty boxes like Birchbox. 

Did you get this month's YOU Beauty Discovery box? What did you think?
Jenny xo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I read each and every one of them and try to reply as fast as I can.