Pages

Monday 22 September 2014

Special Delivery #5 | Glamour's Beauty Power List Box



Glamour and Latest in Beauty have come together again to produce a lovely box of goodies! The theme this time round is the best of Glamour's Beauty Power List, featured in the October edition.

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
I use this every other day, switching between my regular Avene soapless cleanser. I love the muslin cloth that comes with it, as it isn't tough on my skin and washes off the cleanser with no problem.

Eyeko Eye Make Up Remover Wipes
These wipes are a lot smaller than I was expecting, and therefore the packaging doesn't need to be that big for the size of the wipes. The wipes do their job, removing traces of mascara from my eyes without my eyes stinging or becoming sore. I also don't need to rub the wipes over my mascara. The wipes are a bit oily and smell pretty good.

Philip Kingsley Daily Damage Defence
(I've given this product to my sister, so I didn't get a chance to try it.)
I am not entirely sure what to make of this product. I get that I should use this every day to protect my hair from daily heat-styling, breakage and environmental effects, but i'd be worried that if I did use it every day, my hair would be weighed down by day two of freshly washed hair.

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
Although it's stated that it's a gel, I would say it is more like a cream. It absorbs fast into the skin, and does provide a nice canvas for make up. But oil-control was poor and at the end of the day my t-zone was shiny, and my mascara had given me panda eyes.

James Reed Sleep Mask Tan
I have yet to try this as I'm not a fan of anything fake-tan-like. I'm seriously worried that i'll wake up with random dark patches in poorly exfoliated areas (my nose and it's blackheads). I am tempted to try it, but just not yet.

Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara
Uh. I think I just found my new favourite non-clumping volumising mascara! It's like, Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme good. I honestly thought that the brush would be pretty rubbish at applying mascara but I was so wrong. It doesn't clump my lashes together to form spider legs, it doesn't clump, and it provides me with natural looking lashes, with volume. Perfect.

Maybelline Stripped Nudes
This lipstick is not for me. It's the palest shade ever and looks so odd on me. Personally, I am just not sure about nude-coloured lipsticks.

It's a great starting point for those looking to expand their make-up collection, but honestly, I'd just go buy other products suited to my complexion. I think I caved and bought it because I saw the Laura Mercier primer...

What do you think of this box? Is there anything you like from this collaboration?

Jenny xo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I read each and every one of them and try to reply as fast as I can.