Pages

Wednesday 25 February 2015

No More New Make-Up?!


I'm on a spending ban.

I have so much make-up and nail polish that hasn't been touched, and I always buy more! I don't need it! I've stopped purchasing beauty boxes too, I've received so many samples from these boxes and I never use any of them, so I always give them away to my sister.

I have about 2 years worth of unopened mascara to be used, enough liquid foundation to cover my body twice, barely touched creamy and powder blushers, and too many lipsticks to choose from.



Don't get me started on nail polishes. I'm glad they don't have an expiry date, and I'm glad I can restore them back to normal after they've been gloopy. But seriously, I've got well over 150+ polishes in all shades of colours, from high end to low end brands, I've got them stashed away waiting until my next manicure.

I also have a box full of hair products. I don't even know what to do with half of them, I hardly do anything with my hair! I've got hair masks, hair oils, hair spray, mousses, thickening sprays...I do use these products but it's like it's never ending. Or maybe I don't use enough?

The last purchase I've made is the Ciate Mini Manor Advent Calendar. I bought this for £15 from their online sale! I'll do a proper review of this in a few weeks, and yes I know, it's not Christmas...

I'm hoping to last six months without popping into Boots or Superdrug to oggle (and buy) the latest mascara from Maybelline, or the newest all-in-one foundation. If the six months go well, I'm hoping to go for a year! I went nearly a whole year without buying nail polishes, so I hope I can do the same this time round but this time including all beauty products.

I know this will be hard, because I'm a beauty blogger and we've got to keep up with the latest stuff, but seriously, if I bought every new make-up product to test out and review, I'd have nothing left in my bank account and even more products gathering dust.

Are you banning yourself from anything? 
Jenny xo - Follow me on: Twitter / Instagram / Bloglovin

2 comments :

  1. As I've been loving your blog a lot recently I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Check it out on my blog - http://franzizzy.blogspot.de/2015/02/my-very-first-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your spending ban! I know I would struggle! Hopefully you'll find some love products from your untouched makeup x
    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I read each and every one of them and try to reply as fast as I can.