Pages

Friday 13 June 2014

Getting the perfect hair, skin & nails: Week 3



My hair seems to be getting thicker! I can tell because it's starting to get tangled and takes me longer to brush my hair with my Tangle Teezer. I read in a magazine that if you use hair masks more than once a week, it can damage your hair because of too much protein! I've always stuck to using a hair mask once a week anyway because I'm lazy. Upon closer inspection to the ends of my hair, I have noticed some split ends are appearing. I won't be taking a trip to the hair dressers for a trim, i'll just do it myself.

For the past two weeks I've worn nail polish for a few days at a time, which hasn't damaged my nails in the slightest. It feels like the polish is protecting my natural nails from chipping and splitting. I'm also using Nicole by OPI's Nail Strengthener as a base coat. When I paint my nails, I leave a small gap between my cuticles and the polish, so I can apply the serum at the point of nail growth. When I have bare nails, I always feel them catching onto my clothes and it's usually due to hang nails (dry bits of skin around the nail) or a bit of nail that needs filing down. I've also noticed that my nail is growing away from it's bed! I've never had this happen before, but apparently it can take months for it to heal, and I'm supposed to keep the nail short to avoid any trauma to it. UH HELLO! I've got my birthday coming up, I've got graduation, I've got wireless. I don't want to make it worse so using a fake nail with nail glue is not an option. Also it's only my right hand which is having nail problems due to me being right handed. (I tried whisking with my left hand the other day. Did not work.) I have noticed my nails do feel stronger even without nail polish on, but there is still a bit of splitting.

My skin normally breaks out before my time of month, but this time I saw no spots! But for some reason, after my period finished, I've got one hard spot on my chin, nothing a bit of tea tree oil can't stop. My skin feels a bit clogged up, so I really need to exfoliate it soon with lemon juice and baking powder. (A gross blog post to look forward to!)

It's the 3rd week that I've taken these tablets and I am reeaaaaaally struggling to remember to take them after a meal!

Jenny xo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I read each and every one of them and try to reply as fast as I can.