Pages

Thursday 26 June 2014

Make your own oat clusters


Okay so this is the easiest recipe for making oat clusters that brands like Jordans sell. I love the selection of cereals (can you call them that?) that Jordans sell, so I decided to make my own. I don't tend to measure how much of each I need, I just do it how I like it. I don't really like dried fruit, and a lot of recipes that I googled just had a lot of dried cranberries and raisins in them. But obviously if you like dried fruit, add it to the oat clusters after they've been in the oven.

Ingredients:
Rolled Oats - a mug full
Desiccated Coconut
Brown Sugar
Honey or Corn Syrup

Turn the oven on to about 170 degrees Celsius. I poured the oats into a bowl and just estimated how much coconut I wanted in there. I put in a bit of brown sugar to make the clusters a bit soft and chewy. Then I added a spoon of honey, stirred, and then added corn syrup until the oats started to clump up. You don't have to use corn syrup, I only did this because I'm not a fan of honey. You can add nuts at this stage if you wish. Pour the mixture onto a tray lined with baking paper, and make sure it's spread out. You want to put the tray in the oven for about 10 - 20 minutes, keep an eye on it as it can brown quickly. You can take it out when it's slightly brown and is crispy but soft. You can also keep it in the oven a bit longer to get a crunchier texture.

Store the clusters in an air tight container once they've cooled down and enjoy!
Jenny xo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I read each and every one of them and try to reply as fast as I can.