Pages

Monday 30 June 2014

June Round Up

(From L-R: My Bare Minerals set / Beau made me a red velvet birthday cake / He got me one of the best cards / My brother bought me a bunch of cakes / I bought new heeled sandals, they hurt / My dog got a new hoodie / The best books I've read in awhile / Beau got me a new charm / Avocado and bacon burger from Handmade Burger Co)

This is not a post about what's been happening on my blog in the month of June, but more like, what's been happening with my life! June is one of my favourite months of the year, and it's probably because it's my birth month. I love June, it's half way through the year and it seems like everything comes to an end in June. My student card expired in June, but Unidays says I'm still a student until October, so there's still that! I've also received my degree results, I got a 2:1! I never thought i'd get a 2:1 because I was so pessimistic about my dissertation, I just thought there was no way these 10,000 words would get a good enough grade to get me a 2:1. I am the last sibling in the house to get a degree, and I am so proud of myself for getting a 2:1.

I turned 21 and received a bunch of presents, even though I never expect them. I'm very grateful for friends and family who gave me gifts. I don't like to celebrate my birthday doing outlandish things, I don't really like to celebrate my birthday at all, I'm just happy that I get to see another year.

Those presents included the whole Divergent series by Veronia Roth, which I read in a week. I love love love this series of books! There are so many twists and turns and I was just left crying at the end of Allegiant, I NEED more.

I also received the Bare Minerals Get Started Kit in Light. This is the best foundation ever. Like EVER. When I lived in London, my sister and I went to Selfridges to try this out and see what my shade was, but I never bought it then and instead bought MAC's Mineral Loose Foundation. MAC's foundation is great, but I need a lot more product for coverage compared to Bare Minerals. It was about 2 years ago when the make up artist used the Bare Minerals foundation and brushes on me, and the brushes back then seemed really straggly and pointy, which might have been another reason as to why I didn't get it... But the brushes now are SO soft I'm not sure if they did a change to the bristles, but I am very impressed.

My little dog Freddie has a lump on his leg! The vet thinks it's a growth of some kind, and it hasn't gotten any bigger. It doesn't hurt him, and he doesn't seem bothered about it. He'll have to go into surgery and wear the cone of shame for awhile. My mom bought him a hoodie as his early birthday present. She loves him so much.

Let's not forget that Orange Is The New Black season 2 arrived! ARGH. I managed to watch it in two days. I loved it all. It is SO good I can't even.

What did you get up to in June?

Jenny xo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I read each and every one of them and try to reply as fast as I can.