Pages

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Latest in Beauty: Glamour box






This is by far, my favourite beauty box to order. I love knowing that what I'm getting in my box is going to be the same as everyone else's, apart from the different shades. Latest in Beauty teams up with Glamour magazine every now and then to bring us amazing products to try out. 

Illamasqua Glamore Lipstick - Full size
This is a new nude lipstick collection from Illamasqua. I've never owned an Illamasqua lipstick before, having always stuck to MAC. I got the lipstick in shade 'Cherub', which looks a bit like an dark orange shade. I wasn't too sure about it when I first saw the colour, but when I applied it, it looked great! It's really hydrating too. 
Magnifibres Brush-On False Lashes - Full size
This product promises to make lashes look longer, but I haven't noticed much difference. First you apply one coat of mascara, and while wet, apply Magnifibres. It's like brushing on cotton fibres and I was so worried I'd get some of it stuck in my contact lens. Then you apply another coat of mascara and you should get longer looking lashes. I definitely need to try this out again.
Rimmel London Sunshimmer Instant Tan BB Skin Perfector - Full size 125ml
I haven't tried this yet as I'm not a huge fan of fake tans. But it promises to even skin tone, moisturise and give an instant tan. I am not a fan of BB creams either! I will give it a try, but probably not any time soon.
Velvotan Tanning Mitt 
A tanning mitt to try out with the instant tan to avoid streaks and staining your hands.
Hawaiian Tropic SPF 30 - 100ml
This is a perfect hand bag sized sun cream, just incase the sun decides to pop out when you haven't applied any sun protection. 
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil - 30ml
This is supposed to remove dirt and make-up, and I think this sample would be good if you're on holiday or having a weekend away. It did remove some of my make-up, but it felt like I would have to use a lot of the product to remove my entire face from make up. I didn't try to remove my mascara with it in case it somehow ended up in my eye. I am not a huge fan of oil-products, and there is only one oil-based product that I use, which is the Innisfree Blackhead Out Balm. 
Toni & Guy Volume Plumping Whip - Full size 90ml
I am soooo happy with this product! It makes my hair feel a bit thicker than usual and does give my hair a bit of oomph. This is such a light product to apply, and I love that it's in a tub rather than a can. It smells so nice too!
Crabtree & Evelyn Nail Lacquer - Full size
I always love getting new polishes in my beauty boxes. I got this in 'Petal Pink' This is a lovely shade of pink and I'm quite disappointed by how sheer it is.
Bourjois Cream Blush - Full size
I am not a fan of cream blushes, mainly because I can't seem to get them to blend well. I will try this out though after reading reviews about how blendable it is. It also supposedly changes from cream to powder too, so it's perfect all year round.

What do you think of Glamour's Latest in Beauty box?
Jenny xo 

1 comment :

  1. I got this box too. I was so excited when Glamour magazine emailed me about it. I really liked the face oil. I am new to blogging and I have nominated you for the liebster award :) Please check out my blog post: http://asseenonsophie.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/about-me.html

    As Seen On Sophie

    X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I read each and every one of them and try to reply as fast as I can.