Pages

Sunday 13 July 2014

A rainy day in summer

Tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich
An English summer is so unpredictable. Rainy days are not all that bad in the summer. Sure, the grass in your garden or the park will still be wet when the next day it's boiling hot, and you won't be able to laze about getting that gorgeous tan. But, this is a chance to enjoy a rainy day like it's winter all over again, only this time, it won't be freezing cold when you leave your bed.

Rainy days in the summer means you can enjoy bowls of soups and stews and those hearty dishes without the summer heat beaming down on you. It's also an excuse to stay in bed and watch Netflix while drinking endless cups of tea. And nobody is going to moan at you for staying in bed all day on a rainy day.

I like rainy days because it means I won't have to shave my legs because they're not out catching the rays, I won't have to worry about how sweaty i'll get when i'm running errands, and I won't have to worry about my make-up sliding off. It means I can wear the weirdest outfit under my coat and nobody will see it.

How do you spend your rainy summer days?

Jenny xo

1 comment :

  1. hahaa you have a cute cup ! xx

    juli @ frugalinwhite.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I read each and every one of them and try to reply as fast as I can.