Pages

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Special Delivery #12 | November's Birchbox & Review!

 This month's Birchbox theme is Cosy at Home. I love staying home and getting into my comfy clothes, cup of tea in hand and catching up on TV shows. This is the perfect theme for November, when all of the Christmas decorations start going up and everyone is layered up in knitwear. I have seen other Birchboxes and I am a little disappointed about the products I received. Let's begin the review...

English Laundry - Signature for Her
I don't really like receiving perfumes in beauty boxes, it feels like a rubbish and cheap sample to give out, especially when these tiny samples are so easy to get. It's one of the reasons why I abandoned Glossybox. I do like the smell, but I don't think I'll be purchasing the full size.

Beauty Protector - Protect & Detangle
This leave-in spray protects from UV damage and heat, while conditioning, detangling, minimising frizz, adding shine and protecting coloured hair. I used it on damp hair and combed through with my Tangle Teaser, leaving it to air dry. I've been to the park (in the wind!) with my dog and my hair is pretty much knot free. Oh and it smells amazing.

Weleda - Pomegranate Regenerating Body Oil
This oil is rich in pomegranate seed oil, which helps to protect, firm and renew skin. It contains powerful antioxidants and essential fatty acids. It's meant to make skin feel more elastic, smooth and supple, perfect for the winter months, My upper arms and legs get really dry in the winter, so this is perfect! You are supposed to use this on damp skin, and when I tried it out, I felt like I needed a lot of this product to cover my legs.

Lord & Berry - Mini Bronzer in Sunny
I'm really disappointed with the packaging of this product. It looks super cheap in the plastic casing. The product is quite pigmented and blends quite well. I love that it's matte and not shimmery like most bronzers.

Dr. Jart + - Pore Refine Tight Effect Toner, FULL SIZE! 
This product, from South Korea (the GODS of skincare!) promises to tighten pores by controlling excessive sebum, while soothing sensitive skin. I shake the bottle to mix the sebum controlling powder, and then apply it to a cotton pad. After cleansing, I wipe the pad over my face, focusing on my T-zone. Then, I apply moisturiser. My skin is less oily and shiny, meaning it works! This product is very similar to Avene's Cleanance Purifying Mattifying Toner.

Montezuma's Mini Chocolate Bar
I love chocolate. Give me more.

What do you think of this month's Birchbox?
Jenny xo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I read each and every one of them and try to reply as fast as I can.