Pages

Sunday 11 January 2015

A little day out with my Beau!


Beau and I went on a little day out! I was a bit late meeting him because I was stuck in traffic. We first went to Druckers to get some lunch. We ordered a pot of tea and a coffee, as well as chicken mayonnaise croissant, which although tasty, definitely not worth £3.75. We also got two tarts, the apple diplomat (odd name) and a mixed fruit tart. I've always wanted to try their tarts but never bothered to buy one before. We were both a bit disappointed with our tarts. Mine was filled with cream and nothing else, and his had lots of sultanas and raisins. I looked over at the table next to us and definitely should have picked a strawberry or raspberry custard tart.... Next time! 


I stopped taking pictures after Druckers because I wanted to spend time with Beau, not focusing on taking photos every minute of our day together. He doesn't really like when I take photos all the time when we're together. After we ate, we went to catch the bus towards Star City to play at the arcade. We love the claw machines, but we've only ever won a few times on them. We wanted to win Sven from Frozen, and a Paddington Bear, but we were unlucky this time. We had a few (a lot) of goes on the 10p machines too, and we were a bit more successful there.


We headed back into town and looked around at the shops, and then we went to Ed's Diner, where I got 50% off food for being an email subscriber. I ordered Ed's Fiesta (American cheese, lettuce, guacamole, sour cream and salsa) plate, which comes with onion rings, coleslaw and chips. For an added £1 you can add a topping to the chips, so I chose to have wet fries, which is just gravy covered chips. If you've never tried chips and gravy, I urge you to do so. 

There wasn't much on at the cinema that we wanted to see, so we went back to mine, chilled out and watched a film on Netflix. It was a lovely chilled out day with my boyfriend.

Jenny xo

3 comments :

  1. The food looks so yum! xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was, I have to scroll past all of the photos so I stop thinking about how good it was ha.

    Jenny xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I read each and every one of them and try to reply as fast as I can.