Pages

Thursday 28 May 2015

Nail Art #32 | Yayoi Kusama Nails


The first time I heard about this artist, I was living in London and my sister took me to the Tate gallery and got us tickets to see Yayoi's work. It was here where I saw her amazing gallery of work, and the magic of the mirror room, full of shiny discs and lights.

I love how she turns simple polka dots into spectacular pieces of art, "a polka-dot has the form of the sun, which is a symbol of the energy of the whole world and our living life, and also the form of the moon, which is calm. Round, soft, colorful, senseless and unknowing".

Here I'm using Model's Own Coral Reef, and a dotting tool dipped into white polish to create this design.

Jenny xo - Follow me on: Twitter / Instagram / Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I read each and every one of them and try to reply as fast as I can.