Pages

Sunday 30 March 2014

My skin care routine

I don't have the best skin (a mixture of combination and dry, red, patchy and uneven skin tones) and my main priority is to keep spots away. I use one main brand for this problem and that's Avene. I am a total convert after trying a lot of spot-fighting products, which just made my skin a whole lot worse.


Avene Cleanance Soapless Cleanser
I've mentioned this in my previous blog post. This cleanser is by far the best one I have ever used. I wish Avene did trial sized versions as it can be quite pricey when you don't know if it'll work for your skin. But it worked for me and after a few weeks of keeping the same regime my spots were disappearing! You can sometimes get samples of their products using their website after you've completed a quiz about your skin. Sometimes i'll use it with my No7 Cleansing Brush for exfoliation once or twice a week.

Avene Cleanance K Moisturiser
This cream contains those good spot fighting acids (salicylic, glycolic and lactic acids). After I use my cleanser I put this moisturiser on and it gives me a slight stinging sensation on random parts of my face. I like to think that this is the cream doing it's job and fighting any spots that want to appear.

Products I use every now and then

Nivea Night Cream
I use this product for the dry patchy areas I might have on my skin. The cream is really thick and is really moisturising. I don't use this often but when I do use it, my skin feels like it's instantly repaired overnight. Those dry patches? Gone. A little of this product goes a long way.

Avene TriAcneal Treatment Cream
This product is for when you've got scars or dark spots after having blemishes. It's also good for reducing spots and blackheads. I only use this every now and then when I think a spot will appear overnight. Like the moisturiser it has a slight stinging factor to it, but it's not at all painful.


Seikisho Mask White
This is a pore strip in a bottle. It comes out as a thick black gel and you just spread a thick amount over problem areas like your nose or chin, let it dry and then you peel it off. And it rips out your blackheads just like a pore strip. After you've peeled off the mask, you can see all of the blackheads that have been pulled out. It's disgusting but so good. (Maybe one day I'll do an in-depth review about it, pictures of my ripped out blackheads and all. What do you think?)

I am currently trying out Soap & Glory's Puffy Eye attack and I still need a product for the redness around my nose, have you guys got a suggestion for me? Let me know!
Jenny xo

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I read each and every one of them and try to reply as fast as I can.