Pages

Sunday 23 March 2014

Coconut and Banana cake

Today I baked two banana cakes, one with coconut (left) and one without (right).

Ingredients for one banana cake:
80g butter
80g caster sugar
250g self raising flour
2 medium eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence 
4 ripe bananas
For a coconut banana cake, just add as much desiccated coconut as you want.

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a loaf tin with baking paper. 
2. Begin by melting the butter in a microwave, and stir in the sugar.
3. Beat in the eggs.
4. I used a hand blender to blitz my bananas, then I stirred it in. You can mash them with a fork but I found the hand blender method easier.
5. Sift in the flour and stir till combined.
6. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. I always keep a watch out once it's been 40 minutes in case the top gets too brown.
7. You can either leave the cake to cool in or out of the tin, (personally I don't think this makes a difference) or you can serve warm.


Let me know if you try it! 
Jenny xo


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I read each and every one of them and try to reply as fast as I can.